Bladnoch Forum
Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#24744 - 02/07/08 08:10 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Robert in Malmo, Sweden]
Raymond Administrator Offline

Loc: Bladnoch Distillery Nr. Wigtow...
Trying to arrange to get Carntyne's to bring the casks of Glen Grant down to Bladnoch. Distilled 15/12/1980 for any of you lucky enough to have been born 27 years ago on that date.

#24748 - 02/07/08 09:11 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Raymond]
Robert in Malmo, Sweden Offline

Loc: Malmo, Sweden
Raymond, I sent an "E-mail" via the mail-form on your web page a couple of days ago but I've not yet received any reply. Do you think it would be possible to pay you a visit next week on friday July 11 (or perhaps thursday July 10) and help bottle the Glen Grant (if the cask has arrived by then)? Me and my girlfriend would very much like to visit anyway regardless!

Malmo, Sweden

Whisky Society Skane, President

#24753 - 02/07/08 11:54 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Raymond]
jonbrumwell Offline

Loc: Shropshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Raymond
Trying to arrange to get Carntyne's to bring the casks of Glen Grant down to Bladnoch. Distilled 15/12/1980 for any of you lucky enough to have been born 27 years ago on that date.

Wasn't that the week after John Lennon was shot? Was that really 27 years ago?

Wow. Doesn't time fly...

#24766 - 03/07/08 10:16 AM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: jonbrumwell]
Casey Offline

Loc: Glasgow
Don't go there Jon.

I remember exactly where I was, when I realised that I'd just been listening to 3 Beatles/Lennon songs in a row on the radio, with no chatter in between and exclaimed that "a Beatle must've died or something".

The where were you and what were you doing thing is very scary, when you realise just how long ago things happened, especially when it seems as though it happened five minutes ago.

#24771 - 03/07/08 12:41 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Raymond]
corbuso
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Raymond

Good news! We will be happy to order 3 bottles of them :-)

Edited by corbuso (03/07/08 01:39 PM)

#24830 - 06/07/08 06:56 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: ]
Par Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Well, I saw two Carntyne lorries with a total of some 87 barrels, 2 hoggies and say 35 butts that were rolled into the warehouses on Friday (4th July) by half a dozen merry men. No Glen Grant 27 yo though...so no even merrier men... \:\)

/ Pär

#24861 - 08/07/08 04:52 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Par]
Garry scott Offline

Loc: Lancaster
Hi Raymond,
any news of the Glen Grant being delivered we all await eagerly for it's arrival?
Garry Scott

#24865 - 09/07/08 09:39 AM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Garry scott]

Hi Gary, it's imminent. When anyone buys whisky they get an invoice (obviously) and a Delivery Note which is basically just an instruction from the registered owner of the casks to the warehouse where they are maturing to "deliver" them to Raymond Armstrong. This doesn't necessarily mean to physically deliver them but to deliver ownership and to charge Raymond all future rents insurance etc from that date. So I stamp and sign acceptance of the Delivery Note and forward it to the particular Warehouse Keeper and am basically accepting ownership and the terms.
Usually 7 days after that I can make arrangements to uplift the casks. This involves me sending the warehouse keeper my registered warehouse keeper's documentation (WOWGR Certificate) and my Movement Guarantee. This is my bankers guarantee to Revenue and Customs that if anything goes wrong during removal to Bladnoch the bank will underwrite and loss of Duty. I also add a note that a named haulier is authorised to uplift the casks and deliver them to Bladnoch.
After that the haulier will laise with the warehouse keeper for a mutually suitable date to uplift.
So it all takes a wee bit of time.

#24867 - 09/07/08 11:19 AM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Raymond]

The Glen Grant will be going on offer soon, I hope within about one week. It's preferable that you purchase it through the internet shop. We tend to be quite busy with tourists in summertime ... web shop purchases are more secure and a little bit quicker as we don't have to cross reference email or telephone requests to card details.

FORUM MEMBER PRICE
All forum members will soon be emailed details of the special offer price. Only forum members will be notified of this price .. please try to treat it as confidential. Unfortunately this offer price is only open for 14 days subject to availability, so if you are interested please try to order within a couple of weeks of being notified of the price. Thereafter forum members can purchase from the distillery shop or website shop and receive their usual 10% discount. In the first instance we are offering only one bottle per forum member but you may request a greater number and depending on demand you may be lucky. We like to keep some bottles for our shop and for trade sales. If it makes you feel happier, our price to trade is always more.

NON FORUM MEMBERS
Why pay more? If you are not a member of the forum, feel free to join now.

POSTAGE
I always think that postage is disgracefully expensive but we don't make anything out of it. If preferred, bottles purchased can be stored for a month or two at the distillery and collected on your next visit.

#24873 - 09/07/08 07:03 PM Re: Next forum bottling [Re: Raymond]
Norcuron Offline

Loc: France, Paris
Excellent! I'm impatient to test this new bottling!

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Raymond 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 17 anonymous users online.
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Nadadaday, Paulie77, flower1209, killerki, FelixDeSax
3836 Registered Users
Top Posters
Raymond
autism
Alexander
Par
Åke Johansson

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

© Bladnoch Forum - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com