Bladnoch Forum
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#7834 - 05/02/03 01:02 PM Re: Sustainability
whiskynovice Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA as of 2...
Please Raymond,

The diet is hard enough, but trying to give up cigarettes is near impossible. If I succeed in losing the 4 stone by this summer, I may try giving up smoking after that, but not until I succeed with the former. It could give me the leeway to quit the smoke.

Jeff \:\(

Jeff'
I don't want to discourage you, but 4 stone by the summer is absolutely impossible.
Raymond

[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: Raymond ]

#7835 - 05/02/03 10:49 PM Re: Sustainability
autism Offline

Loc: sewickley, pa, usa
wet blanket here; my father in law stopped drinking in 1995 and then quit smoking in 1997. He has not relapsed since but has had a heart attack and a stroke. Though the damage from his habits had probably been done, it is kind of ironic. Now he sleeps alot and watches T.V. with his spare time; he truly has become an old 74 year man. \:\(

There is some truth in the statement, "eat, drink and be merry; for tomorrow we may die."

[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: autism ]

#7836 - 06/02/03 11:40 PM Re: Sustainability
whiskynovice Offline

Well Raymond,

It may be difficult, but not impossible. I still have 4 months of hardcore diet, have lost over 1 stone (eighteen pounds to be exact) in the first month, and that was without exercise. I am the eternal optimist, and although I may not be someone that anyone wants to associate with whilst on the diet, I am going to give it my best shot. I'll keep you posted.

Jeff

Look forward to hearing about you diminishing Jeff. Incidently was looking at a photo of you yesterday. There's an article being done for Malt Advocate and they were needing a few photos. I don't know what they'll choose but I sent them some of Whisky school.
raymond

[ 07 February 2003: Message edited by: Raymond ]

#7837 - 07/02/03 12:55 PM Re: Sustainability
Alexander Offline

Loc: Scottish Borders
Hi Guys

Well this diet thing has really given us all an animated discussion. I agree with much of what has been said, but I'm not going to give up my food for anyone. Maybe eat a bit less, possibly that is an answer for me, maybe cut out the red wine ?? on second thoughts that is an iodtic suggestion!!

remember the High Blood pressure debate a few weeks ago ? Well, I'm too much of a coward to go back for the next check up which IS DUE LAST WEEK!

My wife has threatened a visit to Kelso in the next few weeks, and she has laid down the law.

GET some weight off or else.

C'est la vie!!

John

#7838 - 07/02/03 04:17 PM Re: Sustainability
keiron Offline

Loc: Nottingham
Cheers Gents,
You all make me feel really happy about the prospect of getting older

I am wondering what I'll be like when I am John or Raymonds age. I am already about half blind, an asthmatic with dodgy knees & a certainty of arthritis in the fingers.

Chuck in another 30 years boozing & who knows where I'll be.

Oh well. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Regards
Keiron

#7839 - 07/02/03 04:51 PM Re: Sustainability
Alexander Offline

Loc: Scottish Borders
Keiron

What do you mean, when you get to John & Raymond's age??, he thinks he's younger than me, but I'm 72 coming on 62 , and I suspect that Raymond is around 75 coming on 65 !!! Ha Ha

Sorry to hear about all your ailments, too much detoxing probably, not drinking nearly enough Bladnoch!!

Have a good weekend as well, I'm just thinking of Raymond, eating all these "pointless" boiled veg.

Come on Raymond just think of Audrey's Rabbie Burns with a fried egg on top!!! Plus of course the fried onion rings and chips.....Great!

John

#7840 - 08/02/03 06:24 PM Re: Sustainability
autism Offline

wow, how rapidly things have advanced from my comments of the fifth. My father in law has fallen in the shower and now his doctor is telling us that he needs nursing home care. He still is in the hospital getting tests so we still don't know where he is going to end up. Though there are a number of good facilities around, they have tremendous costs. The issue then becomes does my mother in law sell her house and move in with her husband? Or, does she put him in a lower cost facility and stay in her home of 50 years? Quite a problem to wrestle with, especially since she is only 72 and in good physical/mental shape! \:\(
#7841 - 10/02/03 03:20 PM Re: Sustainability
keiron Offline

Loc: Nottingham
Hello John,
I have a sneaking suspicion my ailments are primarily to do with falling off mountains. Sometimes that strange thing called gravity really takes effect.

As it is I was merely using yourself & Raymond as archetypal examples of those gents that appear to be perhaps enjoying a little too much of the good life. \:D \:D \:D

Regards
Keiron

#7842 - 26/02/03 11:30 PM Re: Sustainability
whiskynovice Offline

Just an update on the diet from my last post 20 days ago. I am thoroughly stoked about this one as I have now lost an aggregate of 2 stone since I started on January 6th. I am finding it less difficult to stay on course, and I have even started to exercise (gast!!!) in the past week. I never thought I would consider it. Anyway, 2 stone down, 3 to go by July 6th.

Jeff

p.s. I still have a dram or two of whisky every few days.

#7843 - 27/02/03 12:35 AM Re: Sustainability
autism Offline

good work, especially since you haven't given everything up!
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Raymond 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 23 anonymous users online.
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Nadadaday, Paulie77, flower1209, killerki, FelixDeSax
3836 Registered Users
Top Posters
Raymond
autism
Alexander
Par
Åke Johansson

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

© Bladnoch Forum - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com